Friday, April 28, 2017

"God, Save My Child" - 10 Salvation Verses to Pray for Your Kids





Moms, there are so many wonderful things we could (and should) pray for our kids. But nothing compares to praying for their salvation. And, since "the prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working (James 5:16)," we mamas have some WORK to do! Our kids are too young to even know what their greatest need is. We need to cry out to God on their behalf. 


"God, save my child." No matter how beautiful this request is, I can only pray it so many times before it starts to become rote. I've compiled a list of 10 "Salvation Verses" to pray over my kids to keep my mind and heart engaged in what I am praying for. I love using scripture in my prayers because I'm literally praying God's own words back to Him. 

So here's a 10 day prayer challenge. I'll take the challenge with you: Take a verse each day for 10 days and pray it back to God, inserting your child's name. If you have a few kids, insert each child's name separately. Chew on the picture of salvation each passage presents. Let the illustrations sink into your heart. And then - tell your kids what you are praying for them! I hope these passages encourage your heart and give you fresh passion for praying for your kids' salvation.

Dear Heavenly Father...

1. Give my child eternal life so that no one can snatch him out of Your hand. (John 10:28)

2. Let my child hear Your voice and recognize it as the voice of his shepherd. (John 10:27)

3. Remove my child’s heart of stone and give him a heart of flesh. Put a new spirit within him. (Ezekiel 36:26)

4. Make my child’s heart good soil that will take in the seed and produce grain, a hundred-fold. (Matthew 13:8)

5. Cause my child to acknowledge You before men so You will acknowledge him before the Father. (Matthew 10:32)

6. Make my child a good and faithful servant who will hear the words, “Enter into the joy of your Master.” (Matthew 25:23)

7. Draw my child to Yourself and raise him up on the last day. (John 6:44)

8. Call my child to Yourself. Justify him, sanctify him, and glorify him. (Romans 8:30)

9. Give my child the gift of faith, which he could never earn on his own. (Ephesians 2:8)

10. Write my child’s name in the Lamb’s book of life. (Revelation 21:27)



Looking for a gospel-centered Bible study written specifically for busy moms? Check out "The Gospel-Centered Mom," now available on Etsy!

1 comment:

  1. Educating girls is not only good for the family they belong to, but is also good for our society. Surveys conducted in different parts of the globe have revealed that educating girls helps in reducing population and preventing occurrence of sexually transmitted diseases.http://www.how-todo.xyz/

    ReplyDelete