Sunday, September 14, 2014

Moms - Get a Grip!

       "How can I love my kids more? How can I love God more? How can I be more selfless? How can I be a better wife? How can I keep godly priorities?"
       These questions bounce around in our hearts all day and sometimes into the wee hours of the night. Believe me - I know! Our fallen hearts have been forever captured by the love of Christ and now we want to pour that same love into our homes. But we see a disconnect between our vision of the perfect godly home...and what's really happening. In those moments when we feel the least in control our brains scream, "This is not the way it's supposed to be! Why can't I just get a grip??"
       But the struggle is fruitless if "I" is always at the center of our questions. The gospel-centered mom looks to Christ first. "What has Christ accomplished for me? What did He do right where I have completely failed? How does the way Christ sees me effect how I see myself?"
       The gospel is our anchor; our foundation; our lens for our world of diapers, burned dinners, and mommy break-downs. We have a monumental task ahead of us - but we have an even greater Savior. So instead of telling yourself to "get a grip," remind yourself of the One who has a grip on you. He is always in control. He is our starting point.

2 comments:

  1. My church is doing a Mom's Saturday - would you mind if I printed this off and passed it out to the mom's that attend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy, it would be my pleasure! I hope it's a blessing to many.

      Delete